What part do I need to raise this gully?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been left with a gully that isn't high enough for the level of our patio, see photo. It needs to go up roughly another 200mm.

51924299046_03e41b6cbd_z.jpg

The end of the gully is male, going into a socket in the pipe below:

51924925045_b872899c07_z.jpg

The gully is made by Aquaflow. The pipe diameter is 160mm.

I can't seem to find a single-socket adapter made by them. The only option I can see that looks like it will definitely work is to buy a 3m pipe with a single socket and just use the first 0.2m of it. Seems very wasteful.

I can also see a double-ended adapter, not sure of the exact length but perhaps it would work to cut the pipe just above the level of the bottom adapter??

I'm assuming that buying a part from another manufacturer might well not fit?

Sponsored Links
One of these. Universal Roddable Gully 160 x 400mm Riser | Toolstation Looks like you may need to Solvent weld the Hopper into the riser, then trim riser to suit. Don't forget to chamfer the cut edge to 45° before trying to insert it back into the socket, or you''ll displace the seal. (Scrape off any residual lubricant from the Hopper spigot and put that on the cut end before gluing, will aid reassembly.

I cant tell from the picture, but bear in mind the waste pipe needs to be long enough to discharge below the grid, but above the level of the water in the gully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back