what qualifications

There is no such thing as: -- having part p -- . There is a lot of confusion at the moment what is required to do what. There is a partial competence scheme sometimes known as defined scope that was designed to allow people like competent gas installers to hook up a boiler, or a kitchenfitter to connect a hob. For that, a short course that teaches you how you SHOULD do the things that you have been doing for years is adequate. For complete installations, rewires or larger jobs like extensions or loft conversions, you need c&g 2381. No ifs or buts. After passing the exams for that you still need to pass the practical assessment before you can do a self cert. And, of course, you will need to be a member of a controlling body. Unlike gas where it is corgi or nothing, there are different bodies for electricity. Nic(eic) are the biggest and they have some very clever boys on board. I have spoken to various organisations and found that Napit is more helpful and less bureaucratic than others. Though I did my training with nic who had a training centre a lot nearer, I chose to go with napit after comparing options. I found it well worth checking out what was for sale before buying.

Sponsored Links
Back