what relay switch

I'm going to suggest that what sounds like semi-permanent extension leads running all over the place plugged into 4 way socket strips is unacceptable in any workplace.

Now we know this is for emergency use in a veterinary hospital, I will go further and say that the installation is fundamentally unfit for purpose. There is no monitoring or fault detection on any of the circuits. The whole lot should be ripped out and replaced with a dedicated emergency call system.

http://www.c-tec.co.uk/Products/conventionalcall.htm

Sponsored Links
I will go further and say that the installation is fundamentally unfit for purpose.

I agree with that,

Using 230 volt mechanical bells is not a good idea for staff alerting systems.

A system of 12 volt electronic sounders with battery back up will work during power cuts ( power cuts being one of the emergencies when staff will be required to act ) and does not require mains voltage cabling.

The sound from an electronic sounder is more suited to staff alerting purposes than a bell.

A strident mechanical bell ( or alarm siren ) is best used to evacuate a building. In a veterinary environment the effect of the sound on animals has to be considered to avoid causing stress to the animals.

A strident mechanical bell ( or alarm siren ) is best used to evacuate a building. In a veterinary environment the effect of the sound on animals has to be considered to avoid causing stress to the animals.

I certainly wouldn't want a fire bell going off just as a surgeon's positioning his scalpel delicately over my kidneys.

There is also the risk that a startled animal might bite a member of staff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back