What router for kitchen worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, would really appreciate some advice on what router to buy.

I have done a carpentry apprenticeship about 5 years ago and hope to get back into doing it, though at the moment am just fitting my own kitchen.

I want to buy a router for the worktop joins so just after some recommendations. I want it to be good and last though not too OTT.

I have just bought of eBay a trend 66 worktop jig that I'm a bit apprehensive about as it only cuts 2 bolt holes but the reviews are very good so hopefully will be ok.

I remember from my apprenticeship that the guy I worked for had 2 routers one small router for the biscuits and another big one for the joins. I hope I don't need to buy 2.

I'm thinking about the makita rp1801. Has anyone used this?

Also what cutters should I go for?

Any advice would be a massive help as it's a long time since I've used these tools.

Sponsored Links
lot of power needed :1/2 collet and minimum 2000 watt electric brake is handy for connector grooves this will also do biscuit joints In my opinion a better job than biscuit jointer, for router cutters give wealden tool company a ring great technical help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back