What sealent for sleeved copper pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to seal around a number of sleeved copper pipes where they go through the wall (mixture of gas and water) but noticed the clear silicone I was about to use said not to use with copper.

That leads to what sealant should one use?

Sponsored Links
Needs to be be fire retardant what ever you use

You may want to seek guidance on wheather it is appropriate to be sealing both the interior and extrior surfaces of the sleeves for the pipes containing gas

Needs to be be fire retardant what ever you use

You may want to seek guidance on wheather it is appropriate to be sealing both the interior and extrior surfaces of the sleeves for the pipes containing gas

That I know, for gas pipe through an exterior wall, the inside. Common sense really, if there is a leak better it goes outside than builds up inside. For interior walls the open end is supposed to be the most used room.

I was just looking for a recommendation as to a brand that would be ok to use with copper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back