What should I fill hole with?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm removing an old extractor fan (not hood) from my kitchen wall. Outisde is a plastic cover with horizontal slats. I will be left with a hole around four or five inches in diameter. Inside I'll cut the hole square and patch with plasterboard as I'm getting the walls skimmed.

However, what do I do about through the hole and on the outside wall. I was thinking of filling it with expanding foam, then just buying a new vent cover for the outside so there isn't a botched job in the brickwork.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is expanding foam the right way to go or should it be cemented up?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
shake%20head.gif

As far as I'm aware uploads are not rotated.

I think it maybe that your image viewing software if automatically rotating your photos on your computer, but the original image is as shown when you upload.

The OP said he didn't know why they were rotated, so I pointed out that it was because he took them rotated and didn't bother to change the orientation before uploading them.

Do you have another explanation?

Can you come up with a rational and intelligent explanation of why what I wrote was abusive?

************************ deleted by Mod

The OP said he didn't know why they were rotated, so I pointed out that it was because he took them rotated and didn't bother to change the orientation before uploading them.

Do you have another explanation?

Can you come up with a rational and intelligent explanation of why what I wrote was abusive?

It's a fairly well known fact that photo's taken on an iPhone appear rotated when uploaded (Google this if clarification is required).

Accusing the OP of 'couldn't be bothered' I would consider abusive in this case, based in your passed comments and behaviour on these forums.

So this is my rational and intelligent explanation, so I guess we should all agree that you are a troll and in all likeliness suffering from some kind of mental condition that prevents you from being objective and reasonable (The latter may well not be your fault and just a condition you are unfortunate to have to live with).

And your usual performance of resorting to foul language when challenged further supports my previous comment.

So this is my rational and intelligent explanation, so I guess we should all agree that you are a troll and in all likeliness suffering from some kind of mental condition that prevents you from being objective and reasonable (The latter may well not be your fault and just a condition you are unfortunate to have to live with).

:LOL:

BAS - are you actually going to help the op with the subject matter of the thread? The rotation of the picture is of little issue. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back