WHAT should it cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Laminate flooring 12ft by 9ft and 12ft by 10ft two separate rooms my girlfriend's mate needs it done by wed what should I charge

Sponsored Links
your hourly rate plus materials

is this a house or flat ??
laminate is not allowed in some situations via lease or tenancy due to noise

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
so many relevant points
are your floor laying skills diy or trade ??
how many floors have you laid??
do you have the relevant tools??

DIY But trade standard I've done a few project's got all tools needed

You should be able to lay both rooms in a day, and then half a day for the mouldings to cover the gap, so what do you want for a day and a halfs wages. And if you manage to do it quicker, then give them a rebate, and if it takes longer, then swallow it.

Make sure you've got good knee pads.

You should be able to lay both rooms in a day, and then half a day for the mouldings to cover the gap, so what do you want for a day and a halfs wages. And if you manage to do it quicker, then give them a rebate, and if it takes longer, then swallow it.

Make sure you've got good knee pads.
diy to trade standard tends to meant 2 to 2.5 times as long to do the job but to the standard
or 1.5-2 times as long but not quite as good but think its as good:D

Do you speak from experience by any chance Ian. Or is that just good general advice for both the sexes.

I don't think I have experience of this, but you never know, I'm a lights out kind of a guy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back