What size conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a EV charger to be installed. The cable will pop through the external wall drop down a conduit approximately 1.5m long then run under the floor void back to the CU.

Charger requires a 6mm twin and earth and I want to run a cat6 with it.

If the sleeving is removed to the section run within conduit will that all fit down a 20mm tube?

Sponsored Links
I looked at the combined cables but surely they are useless at the other end as the data element needs to go to 1 place and the power another?

Are they only good if you have both power and data at both ends?

Sponsored Links
Don’t think you should do that.
If the SWA is correctly installed, there is no regulation preventing the singles continueing in other containment if appropriate.

EDIT: Cat 5/6/7 cable may only be run in the same containment if fully rated for mains voltage.
I've confused thread with another. I'm getting a little confused, are you doing the whole run with T&E but the vertical part in conduit? If that is the case I'd suggest a bigger conduit or trunking and not split the cable. Silly as it seems; it may be argued the earth wire in T&E is too small to be run as singles and of course it's not insulated.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back