what size cylinder is best for a shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
going to be installing a unvented cylinder in a garage for a shower room, with shower basin and loo. what litre cylinder would cope. eg would a 50l run the shower for ten mins? cheers

Sponsored Links
Doh,would that equate to 5litres a minute then,work it out for yerself, :LOL:

Wrong on two counts Slapper.

1) A cylinder stores water at 60-65ºC, and I challenge anybody to stand in a shower for even 10 seconds at that temperature, let alone 10 minutes, the water needs to be blended with cold which will give a higher overall flow rate

2) Being abusive is not necessary and when you turn out to be wrong, which my first point shows that you are, it makes you look like an idiot.

Wrightster, a 50l unvented cylinder should be just about adequate for this setup if these are all the hot water outlets you have, however if you have something else that draws hot water (an old washing machine could be one example) then you should look to go bigger. Also consider future plans; you have a garage which suggests your dwelling is big enough for more than one person, and a small UV cylinder won't run two showers without a break of 10-15 minutes between them. If you think you might need to do this then I'd suggest a larger cylinder.

Before you have the installation done (by a competent, registered G3 engineer) you need to find out whether your water supply is adequate. Your engineer can check this for you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back