What size is a padstone 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The engineer has ps1 on the drawing. I was surprised when the fella at jewsons didn't know what that means. So, does anyone know what size they are please?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
LOL :LOL:

"ps1" is padstone 1! not a specification or standard

You need to tell your engineer to do a proper job, not half a job

LOL :LOL:

"ps1" is padstone 1! not a specification or standard

You need to tell your engineer to do a proper job, not half a job
Why not ask the engineer

Im not getting on very well with him to be honest. A lot of his work is vague. He hasn't even replied to my last question. When ive asked the BCO about anything he says ask the Engineer. So besides beating him up ive got to do the legwork myself it seems.
I assume ps1 is the smallest you can get and there's no ps0. In that case 215x102x65 is a ps1?

No, PS1 just means PadStone Number 1. If a project had say four different types of padstone's, there would be PS1, PS2, PS3 & PS4 each a different size, the 1 bears no relevance to the size.

Normally they're written on the drawing or are listed in the calcs somewhere. If not then you have to ask your engineer what size they are.

Do you have a drawing?

upload_2022-1-27_15-12-54.png

:cautious:

50N/mm², apparently

No, PS1 just means PadStone Number 1. If a project had say four different types of padstone's, there would be PS1, PS2, PS3 & PS4 each a different size, the 1 bears no relevance to the size.
That makes sense. The thing is the drawing has ps1 on both padstones. The other thing is when I spoke to the bloke from the steel company I said they are ps1s whatever that means and he looked at the plan and said 'oh that's just an ordinary padstone'.
Is there sucha thing?

Normally they're written on the drawing or are listed in the calcs somewhere. If not then you have to ask your engineer what size they are.

Do you have a drawing?

The other thing is when I spoke to the bloke from the steel company I said they are ps1s whatever that means and he looked at the plan and said 'oh that's just an ordinary padstone'.
Is there sucha thing?
No there isn't, ask the engineer or find it on the drawing. Or is this one of those windup threads?

I'm afraid your compressive strength calculations are way off

I don't care. We put the beam in over 12 months ago so the guarantee's up and the inspector passed the work anyway. BTW for anyone interested, the inspector said that X-Boxes are not approved.

Do you have a drawing?
I tried answering yesterday but my reply doesnt seem to have appeared, only the quote.
The ps1 being a way of identifying the different pads seems logical but ive looked at the drawing again and he has both pads at either end of the beam labelled as ps1.
Another odd thing is when I showed the bloke from the steel company the drawing I said that 'it just says ps1 whatever that means'. He looked at it and said 'oh thats good its just an ordinary padstone'. But the only information is the ps1, no other clues. And is there such a thing as an ordinary padstone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back