what size of water tank and head are required for following?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For a direct vented hot water cylinder which is serving:

6 wash hand basins
1 kitchen sink

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I dont know the exact cylinder size but it is only waist height and no more than a couple of foot wide.
Retail outlet.

For a direct vented hot water cylinder which is serving:

6 wash hand basins
1 kitchen sink

Cheers

If this is a direct cylinder I assume you mean that it's electrically heated. I'm assuming that as we are talking about 6 basins and a sink you will need quite a lot of hot water. Will you be able to get the heat into the water quickly enough?

Sponsored Links
25 gallon / 117ltr would do it. head would need to be 300mm above highest pipework or cylinder for it to work

yes, it has an immersion heater but there is an issue with the water supply from a previous tank which serves the whole building but the building is part run down, part vacant and there is ongoing problems with the supply from this tank.
Thinking a tank within the accessible part of the ceiling void within the store may have been a better solution for the store but was unsure the head distance and tank size to serve the various outlets.

only 300mm? I thought it would need to be much higher...

Thanks for that but

yes, it has an immersion heater but there is an issue with the water supply from a previous tank which serves the whole building but the building is part run down, part vacant and there is ongoing problems with the supply from this tank.
Thinking a tank within the accessible part of the ceiling void within the store may have been a better solution for the store but was unsure the head distance and tank size to serve the various outlets.

You could get a combination ('fortic') cylinder to save having a header tank.

I am still concerned that one 3kw immersion heater will be insufficient to produce the amount of heat needed.

you might have a better idea there with that mogget - maybe a heatrae FBM cistern type?

on the fbm type - do these vent back to the cistern? no need for G3 installer??

I meant something like this

I am inclined to say that the best thing to do would be to call a professional installer who has experience of retail installations. They can do the necessary calculations to ensure everything works, and know the correct regulations to ensure everything is legal.

6 handbasins?

One kitchen sink?

Hairdresser??

Immersion heater will have a very long recovery time for this application where water use could be quite intensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back