What size pipe is this please?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It looks like 10mm to me. You might find that it is written on the pipe.

Last edited:
Ruler.Tape measure.!If you are struggling to size it,I cannot imagine anytime soon you are going to identify which part you need,where to purchase it,how to cut the pipe,fit an insert,possibly drain and refill and test the system,and what to do if you have a leak or air in system problem.So how about you save yourself some grief and call a plumber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruler.Tape measure.!If you are struggling to size it,I cannot imagine anytime soon you are going to identify which part you need,where to purchase it,how to cut the pipe,fit an insert,possibly drain and refill and test the system,and what to do if you have a leak or air in system problem.So how about you save yourself some grief and call a plumber.

You assume and judge (incorrectly) my DIY skills lack or not up yours because I ask a simple question that I do not know the answer to. I myself am a computer engineer/programmer I am always more than happy to help anyone with any enquiry they may no matter of their skills or background. I don't judge, just help and pay it forward, as humanity should be. There is an old adage saying about assumptions, I am sure you have heard of it.

Guess you one of life's boffin types who argue the toss for England and possibly acedemically gifted but not a clue in the practical dept.The saying you refer to will be the one about the ass.
My mind is,again,boggled if you have managed to pass a mathematics based degree and yet have not figured out yet the skills to measure a pipe,yet you are going to tell me you have the skills to sort your plumbing! "Trust your instincts" is a popular phrase too,I will go with that one!I have no problem with helping humanity etc...do have problems with people talking out of their ass.

Vernier gauge or failing that, an open ended spanner - try a 10mm and 15mm.
Does the bolt size refer to the diameter of the bolt, not the size of the head? Therefore a 10mm or 15mm spanner will not be indicative of the size of the pipe.

I Walk
The number written on a Spanner shows size of the head of a bolt (or nut) that it is to be used on.

The number that is written on the side of a pack of bolts is the diameter of the thread of the bolts.

(of course there are exceptions).
SFK

Last edited:
Does the bolt size refer to the diameter of the bolt, not the size of the head? Therefore a 10mm or 15mm spanner will not be indicative of the size of the pipe.
Lol...another one....forget bolt head sizes and threads...A 10mm spanner is 10mm.. fullstop...

Sponsored Links
Back