Remove a pendant and ceiling pull switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As per title I need to remove a pendant and ceiling pull switch from a bedroom.

What is the best way to go about this? No access from above..

See pic.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Really need to see the wires inside BOTH the switch and rose to give a helpful answer.

Sponsored Links
We had a similar setup in our old house. It was a two-way switch with the normal switch fitted by the previous tennant. I assumed they were a bit frail and turned the ceiling light on and off from the comfort of their bed. Either that or they were just lazy bar stewards.

Bit extreme, no, to brand anybody who wants a switch accessible from the bed as either frail or lazy b*****ds?

What other possible reasons could there be then? Oh, I know, fear of touching a switch. Add nutters to that list of possibilities.

I would say it's a very common practice - or have a bedside lamp.

Note that the OP said he also wants to remove the pendant.

So, there won't be a need for any switches.

What other possible reasons could there be then? Oh, I know, fear of touching a switch. Add nutters to that list of possibilities.
There is only one nutter in this whole saga.

Do you have a mirror?

So, let's see.

One of us thinks that people who want 2-way switching, with a switch accessible from a bed are frail or lazy b*****ds or nutters.

And the other one thinks that if they want 2-way switching, with a switch accessible from a bed, then that is absolutely fine.

Which of those two people needs to take a long, hard, look at themselves?

Feel free to be rational and intelligent when explaining your answer.

Didn’t say there was anything wrong with being frail you pillock. I fitted some grab bars in various places in my parents bungalow and had the bath removed and had a walk-in shower with a proper shower chair installed because my Dad was frail and couldn’t physically get in or out of a bath. If he wasn’t frail and still wanted them, I’d have said he was a lazy bastard or a Nutter. The husband of the lady opposite me had a stairlift fitted because he was frail. If he wasn’t frail and still had it fitted.....again, lazy bastard or nutter. Why are you having trouble understanding that?

Last edited:
I have no trouble in understanding why you think that in the absence of frailty anybody who wants a light switch they can reach from the bed is a lazy bastard or a nutter.

It's because you are a complete and utter *******.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back