What size RSJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove a stud wall at my local social club but the problem is is that the wooden roof supports are sitting on it. I need to install steel beams as i understand you cant join the existing supports together but im trying to work out the steels without spending a fortune on structual engineers and all that. The beams will only be supporting a flat felt roof and the span between the two walls will be 6.6 metres. One end of the new steel will be sitting on a solid brick wall which i will put a pad stone on but at the other end i have to put in steel posts because it is a timber wall (exterior wall). Has anyone any idea about the size i would need or where i could find out with out it costing a fortune ??

I know from experience and would have thought it would be something like a 200 high by 120 wide with post of 100 x 100 and 5mm thick ??

Also the floor that the supporting posts would be sitting on is concrete so im hoping that i wouldn't need to put in a footing for each one ??

Sponsored Links
You may invalidate insurance if you dont have a pro do the cals.

Proceeding without Regs approval in a public building is not advisable and I would hazard opens you up to a potential claim and prosecution.

Sponsored Links
This is a repost isn't it?

You don't seem to know what to do, and not wanting to pay for someone that does, is not at all professional

You will be personally liable for any consequence of not carrying out a proper job, and criminally liable too for doing this without the necessary approval and masquerading as a builder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back