What size step ladder should I buy?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Good Evening all

I want to do some drilling at a height of approximately 2 metres. What size ladder should I buy.

How far apart would the legs be at ground level?

Many thanks
Jimmy

Sponsored Links
it might help if you gave your height. are the holes your drilling 2 mts off the ground, or from the top of the step ladder? do you want to stand on top of step ladder, or half way up? it might also depend on the floor area of room, if small room you could lean step ladder against a wall, then you have to decide were you want to stand as to the size bottom step or middle step. or as its only 2 mts put chair on top of table job done save buying step ladder.

A two step one will be fine. Two steps and a top panel! Should be about 20 quid for the aluminium ones!
You're main issue is making sure you have the correct drill bit and knowing when to use the hammer on the drill!

A hopper might be better - also doubles up as emergency seating when you have a bbq
Although the drill will have to be held a bit above you.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allister-aluminium-work-platform-470-x-600mm/5892p

If there's a lot of drilling to do, then measure the height of the comfortable drilling for you (for me its about 150cm) and add a step of the difference, ie 50cm.
A hopper should be good for 2m, and more stable that a step ladder.

Sponsored Links
You absolutely must buy 20 foot high step ladders, this will ensure that you can reach everything within that height.

Or you could go round a few Italian stores and pick on that you think will fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back