What sort of material is this and how do I go about redecorating?

I'd certainly prefer to take down the bathroom ceiling, insulate between the joists, put up (probably an insulated) plasterboard, skim and redecorate.

I think it will be cheaper than getting the roof opened up (unless you have to have the roof stripped for some other reason).

It also has the advantage of replacing the old ceiling whose condition I would guess to be poor.
This is sadly impossible for me at this point, especially with everyone locked in the house, bathroom needs to be up and running!

I did manage to access the area in the loft and found no insulation in this corner where the shower sits! I've moved the discussion to the appropriate forum, maybe you could advise? https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/how-to-insulate-behind-sloping-ceiling.541909/

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back