What the devil are THESE called ?!! (Galvanised post Suppor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And where to get them?

Hi all- I have a front porch with a small tiled pitched roof, supported at the 2 outer corners by 4 inch sq. wooden pillars, that were originally set into the brickwork of the dwarf wall that surrounds the lower porch. Needless to say, over time these suffered the ingress of water, and have rotted. They ought to have had some kind of steel foot or bracket or something set in the brick and the wood supported then on these feet /sockets /footings whatever. Can anyone tell me what they're called, in fact have I made myself clear to you even? More inportantly, WHERE can I get these things from. I have seen them used also at the bottom of things like carport supports where they fit in the ground too. They are usually galvanised. Someone suggested fencepost sockets, but really......
I have trawled the net all over the place, with no luck at all. Someone out there knows! I can try to send a pic of the area causing trouble with the rotten wood, maybe you woill see then what the parts need to do, and help me out that way? Any help welcome,,,,,,ta! BTW if I have put this in wrong forum, I apologise, feel free to move it as required- I was in a rush,,,,,!

Sponsored Links
The shoes are normally steel fabricated to suite the wall and timber column coming down onto them. Speak to a local fabricator

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back