What the heck is this all about?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found these four units (3 are live). My guess that they may be voltage regulator or some kind of supply regulation!

Attachments

• 1650620021219442539694770879729.jpg
    1650620021219442539694770879729.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 392
Sponsored Links
Is that in an ordinary domestic house?

Or a place with a stage?

Sponsored Links
Might be "transformers" feeding low voltage lights.

Given the substantial nature of the boxes, and the fact they've obviously been there for some time, I'd take a guess at real transformers, as opposed to modern SMPSUs. Most likely for ELV lighting.

Sorry for the long delay in response, been a funny few months. This is in domestic premises and three of the four seem to be active. The fuse box is still old with Wylex BS3036 wired fuses.
There are only three downlights in the hallway and all the rest are standard pendants in this property. THe client stores bikes in the coal shoot, so I thought it would be best to mechanical protect at least the cables but I think she wants it all out if of no use.

All cables in and out all ook to be 1.5mm so lets hope they are only attached to lights :oops:..

I am back in there on Saturday so I will pull some fuses and see what goes on and off. I will update as soon as I know this time :)

Last edited:
Update - so it turns out they where Low Voltage Transformers. And once opened quickly worked out they where no longer in use and where being used like connection block lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back