What thickness of Acrylic sheet to bridge a 85cm gap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I need some assistance from someone in the trade. I need to lay a horizontal sheet of acrylic plastic across a gap 85cm wide, so I was thinking of using 90cm wide sheet. The plastic must not sag so it need's to be thick enough to remain rigid and prevent this happening.

I can't find any guides to offer suggestions, can anyone help with this query?

Regards
Chris

Sponsored Links
What sort of loading do you anticipate Chris......is it going to be walked on, and does it need to be acrylic particularly?
Either way, it's going to need to be pretty thick, and it's very expensive.
John :)

Hi there

No it doesn't need any loading, it's purely clear plastic to enclose an overhead area between two points, but it still needs to allow the light fully through which was why I was thinking acrylic plastic.

Regards
Chris

Sponsored Links
If glass isn't possible Chris, consider polycarbonate plastic instead of acrylic......but both scratch easily. Polycarbonate is more flexible than acrylic, but both are best if they can be supported all of the way round.
Maybe 8 or 10mm stuff would be fine?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back