What thread on my gooseneck?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've bought two gooseneck fittings that were probably made in China. The description gives the threads for each end as M8/M10. When I received the goosenecks, one of the smaller of the nuts (M8) was missing. So, I went and ordered an M8 half nut. But, it does not fit the smaller of the threads. So, I bought 5/16ths UNF, but that does not fit. So I bought 5/16ths UNC and that does not fit. A while ago I bought a pack of carriage bolts. Probably all metric types. Well, the M8 nut that I bought, does fit one of my carriage bolts. I'm actually assuming my carriage bolt is M8, but, whatever, it's diameter is 6.95mm. I'm now stuck, because no nut I've bought, (seperately from the nuts that came with the goosenecks -I bought 2 goosenecks, so nuts I actually got were 3XM10 & 1x M8) fits the gooseneck. The nut from one of the the gooseneck purchases does not fit the carriage bolt. The thread on gooseneck is finer than on the carriage bolt.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Strictly I bought a flexible gooseneck:

Attachments

• Gooseneck Flexible.jpg
    Gooseneck Flexible.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
Some of the flexible connectors are threaded Metric Fine where they enter the tap base......maybe this one is the same.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back