What timber to use to clad small garden wall to achieve this look

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
9df745ff3e5a3bc4d32b293b986e1fea.jpg

Hi there.
Im looking to clad my brick front garden wall. I want this weathered grey rustic timber effect.
I was thinking scaffhold board but they would be heavy and expensive (brand new).

The wall is probably hip height. I would like to continue to the cladding above the height of the wall by one horizontal planks height in order to create a trough planter.

Please help with any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Better still scrounge timber from a shed co. We had a summerhouse delivered and erected - they left the packing for me - c.20m of 150x20mm sawn timber like in that picture.(y) Or rough sawn timber from a sawmill . AS to colouring I had some good results using Sadolin - some waterbased, ragged with a covering of spirit based to give a aged efect

excellent, i was looking for what to ask for at timber merchant and now i know what to call it. Thanks Nige.

Sponsored Links
they look like scaffolding planks to me and I bet the owner of that house is a scaffolder as its held together with scaffold clips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back