What to do with toilet/bathroom?!

Not much width to have the usual wash basin. Our downstairs toilet is a similar width, with the essential small wash basin on the right, radiator on the left - it makes for tricky manoeuvring. I have always thought how much better it would be with a hinged, folding wash basin - one which empties as you hinge it up, caravan style.

we have a sink in the top of the cistern in our downstairs toilet as there was limited room for a sink. Cold water only, but fine for a secondary loo

Sponsored Links
you can get a teeny cloakroom basin. I have one. I think it's about 450mm x 250mm

can go in a corner. something like this though there are rectangular ones

basin.jpg

though the door is on the long side, not the end, leaving a bit of dead space.

Does the waste from the sink drain into the cistern?

Good idea, no reason why it shouldn't. Mine had H&C to it, so I fitted an inline temperature controlled mixer, did away with one tap, so it comes out of the one tap at 45C. The toilet is adjacent to the outside back door, so it's handy for hand washing when I pop in from the garden/garage/workshop.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back