What toilet seat is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im trying to find a soft close, D shaped, quick release toilet seat (34 x 43cm). It has to fix onto the existing quick release mechanism because I cant get at the underside of the toilet. Heres a photo:

IMG_1034.jpg

I cant seem to find a replacement! The ebay seller I bought the toilet from is nowehere to be found, and other suppliers have similar quick release seat, but not the same.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi. Im trying to find a soft close, D shaped, quick release toilet seat (34 x 43cm). It has to fix onto the existing quick release mechanism because I cant get at the underside of the toilet. Heres a photo:

View attachment 273497

I cant seem to find a replacement! The ebay seller I bought the toilet from is nowehere to be found, and other suppliers have similar quick release seat, but not the same.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
As said, remove what you have and start afresh with a new top mounted seat and fixings. All done without removing the pan.

....and sorry, not helpful, but I have to say... thank you for your photo of a clean toilet! :)
You wouldn't believe some of the images posted on here, for similar issues! :sick:

Sponsored Links
As said, remove what you have and start afresh with a new top mounted seat and fixings. All done without removing the pan.
Can I do it without removing the pan? It seems to me that if I unscrew the 2 screws, the nuts underneath will just fall off. I wont be able to get underneath the pan to hold the nuts to tighten them again. Im probably wrong!

....and sorry, not helpful, but I have to say... thank you for your photo of a clean toilet! :)
You wouldn't believe some of the images posted on here, for similar issues! :sick:
Yes, you should have seen it before I cleaned it!! :sick: (its not my toilet I hasten to add!!)

Hmm, I cant find a toilet seat which is exactly same size as mine. Does it matter?

Mine is 34 x 43cm; whereas the ones Im finding on ebay are usually 37 x 46cm. Does it matter much or should I try and get one exactly same size?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back