what type of electric sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm planning to re-paint my skirting boards, door frames and radiators in my living room. They have got a few layers of old gloss on. I'm not looking to strip them back down to the wood, but want to get rid of the old runs and lumps before painting. They have a few corners and angles in the frames. I want to do the job as quickly and easily as possible so am looking to buy a electric dander... Which would be best type for me? I was looking at detail Sanders... Maybe the B&D mouse?
Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sanders aren't that useful on most arch's and skirts, you can't beat elbow grease and black and decker are rubbish, try and find something similar by another manufacturer if you do want ti use a sander. Runs and drips are easy enough to remove with a low grade (p90) aluminium oxide and smooth off with 240 silicon carbide type paper.

I agree. I use my Draper palm sander a lot on flat wooden surfaces, (I like the Velcro sanding pad system it uses) but the only way to get into curves e.g. on skirting, is by hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back