What type of gas fires can I install?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can you please help me.

In my living room where I have always had a radiator, I am now thinking of having a gas fire installed so that I can turn on and off at leisure and do not have to turn the boiler just for one room.

Can you please let me know the options I have for the type of gas fires, there’s no chimney so the flue will be on the wall.

I would appreciate a brief explanation of the type of flues possible for this setting.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks kevplumb,

Can you or anyone recommend any gas fires that would work with this type of flue.

Thanks

Depends on roomsize, position of flue terminal ventilation blahdi-blah.
agree with kevplumb, dont touch flueless.

Sponsored Links
Google fan assisted gas fires.
absolutly loads out there, depends now on ££££££££££££££££

Fan assisted very noisy and expensive to fix when they go wrong If you can get a straight forward balanced flue . Have a look at www.valor.co.uk.

hi,
If flueless was dangerous they wouldnt sell it for fear of being sued ? Also it must have passed through the test house.Must agree it is odd but so r mobile phones

is there an element in the ACS for flueless fires :?: :?: :?:

ARGI members refuse to fit them pending a BS being drafted for installation and servicing :cry:

If the professionals are refusing to fit them then the DIY element certainly should not!

Pity they are still selling them in B&Q !

Tony

Attitude to flueless fires was never to fit them 2 reasons for this

1. Customer buys them for heat and with amount of ventilation req for one it defeats the object quite a bit

2. When cars first came out with catalyts we where told slightest bit of leaded petrol would destroy it... Well the flueless fire works on a catalyst heatexchanger and an lot of meters have lead inlets an outlets and over the years gas passing through pipes must constanly pick up particles of lead ok its very minute but over a long period of time. So would they destroy the catalyst... When working for BG when raised this point and no one could give us an answer ,then,. It may have changed but would rather work on side of caution

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back