What type of sand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What type of sand , sharp ,coarse should i use for rendering. It will be on the inside of a garage wall should i mix it with a ratio of 5:1 thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just ask your suppliers for "Plastering sand" ..Are you just puttin' one coat on or a scratch-coat and top coat? 4-1 0r 5-1 are ok but check what the brickies have used in their mixes, cause you dont want to put a stronger mix on their mix...If just one coat I would stick to 5-1 with w/proofer in it . Dampen down the walls (to kill the suction) then lay it on,if it goes off to quick you need to dampen it a bit more, then when it "picks up" start to float it off, maybe two passes with the float then if you want, sponge it up with a damp sponge and keep washing and wringing the sponge out.. Jobs a "Good un'" ;) Good Luck..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back