What underlay / treatment ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I need some advice. In my front room we currently have laminate click flooring. We moved in during last summer and during the winter we realised the temperate dropped massively. We noticed that the cold was coming threw the flooring due to half of the living room being on top of some sheds (dead space) the floor gets amazingly cold that my toddler has to wear socks and slippers. the flooring under the sofa gets wet which has now created mould to grow under the sofa.

We are due to have a new underlay put down as it’s only the foam roll stuff but don’t want to get it wrong and have to do it again. Half of the original flooring is old wood with random areas of concrete.

I was advised the green underlay with the foil base but then someone else said that won’t work and I’ll need hard board then under lay?

Any advice would be great as I’m happy to pay for it to be done properly but won’t be able to afford for it to be done twice .

SJ

Sponsored Links
for the time being stop whatever you are doing mate or you will waste money and materials.
"sheds (dead space)" do you mean a suspended floor over half the room, and a concrete floor over the other half? have you seen or been under the floor?
It sounds like you have some kind of damp and/or condensation? you need to find the cause(s) before doing anything else.
can you post pics of the floor and the outside wall at ground level?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back