What Waterproof Screws To Use For Poly Roof [Pic]?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Built this veranda a couple months ago but the roof keeps sliding down very slowly over time so I have to keep bumping it back up:

9Bv3zLH.jpg

I want to put screws in through the actual glazing bars right at the bottom to hold the poly-carbonate sheets in place but need these screws to be waterproof and fairly nice looking too (low profile so they don't stick out too much).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
My end-caps don't have screws like that image - they just push into place for aesthetic reasons but provide no structural advantages.

Admittedly I need to climb onto the roof and give the glazing bars a good thump down but first I wanna screw them in place at the bottom.

Really don't wanna be drilling through the actual twin wall though unless I really have to.

something like a simple stop would do.
use a stainless steel screw

Sponsored Links
my polycarb came with fixing washers and buttons. Instructions said to fix it to the ?rafters? near the bottom to prevent it sliding down with expansion and contraction. Instructions were also printed on the foil wrap of the sheets.

Stainless screws are preferable.

the buttons are available in brown or white, the caps go over to keep rain out and look clean and neat. Mine came from the same place I ordered the polycarb.

I found a pack of clear caps with screws laying about and used them through the glazing bars. They don't actually look that bad but might get black ones to replace them down the line. The ones foxhole posted go through the actual poly-carbonate sheets - will only use them if I find the panels still sliding down after what I've already done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back