what websites are best to find work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a mate of mine says he uses the RatedPeople web site and says he gets a few jobs of their, do any trades people on here use such web sites and if so which ones did they find the best.

thanks lee

Sponsored Links
Instead of paying those sites to add you to their listing and hope for the best: create you own web site and promote your own work. Brings in much more for less money

problem with that is that people then have to know your webaite address..

so it's business cards, signboards at jobsites, or signwriting on the van...

i am in the prosses of making a web site and a couple of vans to get sign written ill probably pay for a couple of these web sites and hopefully get some work :unsure: i had a web site before but didn't get much work from it but i don't think i was advertising it right.

Sponsored Links

not if you do it right i have never used any of these leeches and at one point a few years ago i had 7 out of the top ten listings on yahoo google etc.
get a website and set the metatags right and hey presto pole position.

Yes, that's right. But the biggest benefit of having a proper website (as kevindgas also says) is that even people who don't know up front you have a website can find you. How's that for instant success?

hi
yes i joined sometime last year and they can send quite a few jobs your way the problem is you have to then pay a rate based on the job valve
so if the value is say £1000 then you pay upfront say £20.00 what your paying for is the lead,they then pass on to you the details you then make contact with the client assuming he is still intrested you then call and quote him along with all the other quotes he is getting
somedays i was getting three aday £60.00 a day going out with no guarantee of getting the job you decide!

Some of my biggest jobs have come from people finding my website. There are plenty of sites out there that will list your website free of charge and it is these links that help get your site found.

Another good way is to have similar sites to yours have a link back to your site 'link exchange'. OK so if you are the Cumbria Handyman, you don't really want to exchange links with another handyman in Cumbria, but do exchange links with sites outside of your geographical area of work.

Anyone looking for a handyman in Cumbria will find me at the top of the list.

It is no longer necessary to have web building knowledge, you can have someone build your site (and maintain it) for you for as little as £100 a year. But you should be able to build one yourself and you don't even need to know what HTML stands for let alone use it.

Some of my biggest jobs have come from people finding my website. There are plenty of sites out there that will list your website free of charge and it is these links that help get your site found.

Another good way is to have similar sites to yours have a link back to your site 'link exchange'. OK so if you are the Cumbria Handyman, you don't really want to exchange links with another handyman in Cumbria, but do exchange links with sites outside of your geographical area of work.

Anyone looking for a handyman in Cumbria will find me at the top of the list.

It is no longer necessary to have web building knowledge, you can have someone build your site (and maintain it) for you for as little as £100 a year. But you should be able to build one yourself and you don't even need to know what HTML stands for let alone use it.
When I finally get round to doing the site I'll do that, where abouts are you, I'm near Ulverston

[quote="sparkiedave";p="1178754
where abouts are you, I'm near Ulverston[/quote]

Whitehaven...

Sponsored Links
Back