What wire do I need for a decorative light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just a very quick one and easy one. I'm changing a ceiling rose light to a decorative light, the only thing is that I need some wire to go between the fitting and the connection. The decorative light fitting needs a earth as well as the other blue and brown connections.

Can anyone help me and let me know which one it is, I have been looking around and I think it is the following:

3 Core Flex

If this is the one I need, what size is the best?

Thanks Guys

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hey guys,

Silly question but what's the difference between the white and grey cable ?

Which one do I need for the above ?

Thanks

Jimmy

One is white the other is grey.

Before the core colour change white cable was usually normal PVC, now is is usually (not sure if it always is) low smoke zero halogen, typically abbreviated to LSH, LSZH, LS0H.

You can use either.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply, I will just go for the Grey one as it will be concealed in the ceiling.

Thank you

Jimmy

The grey is normally a lot easier to work with, the white is very stiff and a right PITA to strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back