What would a family prefer: bath + shower or just shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Does anyone know what the owner of a family home (3 bedroomed house) would prefer in terms of bathing arrangements. Between a bath with a shower over it (having to step over bath), or just a "walk in" shower? I'm anticipating selling a 3 bedroomed house and I've got to make a decision about what to put in the bathroom. Thanks.
EDIT: It's a fairly small bathroom space.

Sponsored Links
A bathroom with a bath and shower make a home more saleable.

Yeah don't remove the bath 100%. Keep the bath over shower situation no matter how small.

Hi chaps. Thanks for your quick replies and setting me straight on this. I've been uncertain about what to do, but I now feel very certain of what do. My mind feels settled and that's a great thing. Cheers. Rich

Sponsored Links
Currently we just have a shower in a small shower room / WC.
My wife wants a bath, and I need to build a new "batheroom".
New family bathroom, will have just a large shower, basin and WC, and the old shower room will be a small bathroom.

I think this is becoming more normal - people want nice large showers for every day use, but we still want a bath somewhere we can relax in for a good soak now and then.

Been there @ my Gran's. ;)
Lol..likewise. .As the grand kid I was last in...after 7.!..topped up with hot water from a pan.Shower was chuck some water over your head.Now,people use so much water in a shower,,more economic to have a bath...

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back