What Would You do?

S

Shutpa

Just bought a new Mazda 2 and have been offered the following:

:arrow: Supagard paint and fabric protection for £159.00;

:arrow: Three years manufacturer servicing from £349.00, and;

:arrow: Three years vehicle replacement insurance from £199.00.

What would you do?

Sponsored Links
Maybe I'm just a cheapskate, but I never go for any of the extras, I know in many other businesses, that it is the extras that make all of the money, the only thing I would be tempted by in this case is the Servicing, but it really depends what it includes....

None of them...its just a way of clawing money back from you. You'd need to do a fair old mileage to spend that in 3 years servicing, too. You'd probably find that the servicing offer didn't include wearing items such as brake pads, but the labour would be inclusive.
Enjoy the new motah! Cheers John :)

Supaguard is crap. Take it to a decent detail, someone like this chap will charge you about £130 to sort the paint to a very high standard & will take real car whilst doing the work - www.thedetaildoctor.co.uk

Sponsored Links
Supaguard is crap. Take it to a decent detail, someone like this chap will charge you about £130 to sort the paint to a very high standard & will take real car whilst doing the work - www.thedetaildoctor.co.uk

Mark, it's a brand new car and doesn't ned the paint sorted. In view of the replies will forget about all three!

Don't you realise, you have already sorted Mrs. B's Christmas present already???
A bottle of Autoglym wash and conditioner
Some Autoglym resin polish
Autoglym muslin polishing cloth
...and an Autoglym wiping blade for that streak free look.
Cheers and happy Xmas John :D

Mark, it's a brand new car and doesn't ned the paint sorted. In view of the replies will forget about all three!

That's what eveybody thinks about new cars, trust me, there will be rail dust & all sorts on the paint. After a month or two these start to corrode & only a good clay will get them off properly.

Looking back, from 1972 I have had from new, 2 Datsun Sunnys, 2 Datsun Sunny estate, 1 Datsun Cherry estate, 1 Fiat Regatta, 1 Suzuki Sumerai, 3 Nissan Micras and a few others before buying the Mazda 2 and I have never purchased the offered extras. I still wont.

Sponsored Links
Back