timing belt, what would you do?

Well, they are not allowed to bring a car along with faults on them so it's the actual process they are checking. Such as often forgotten things such as checking the fuel cap, sun visor, boot floor etc.
That's interesting? I was pretty certain they used to bring in cars with known faults to try and catch testers out? In fact, I think a mate of my dad's was once caught in such a "sting"?

Sponsored Links
Well, I was told that by the trainer on a refresher course. Admittedly, it was a good few years ago now but the law hasn't changed. Reason given at the time was that they would be deliberately and knowingly be breaking the law by driving a car on the road with faults to get to a test station.

There are calls to make it an MOT fail to have an outstanding recall. Needless to say, I'd prefer owners to "do the right thing" without regulation, but sometimes, it becomes necessary...

I pass MOT fine. That is the right thing.

Sponsored Links
I pass MOT fine. That is the right thing.
That's because they haven't brought it in yet! If, for example, the recall is because the airbag explosive has gone unstable and in the event of deployment might blow half your face off, the MOT tester isn't going to be able to spot that, is he?!

So... you make your own oil, do you?:LOL:

I have had good luck trying two oils and finding one good. So, I don't have to make my own. I really don't like work if I don't have to do it. Also, no oil maker has actively threatened that my car will blow like the others. I am OK with them.

I have had good luck trying two oils and finding one good. So, I don't have to make my own. I really don't like work if I don't have to do it. Also, no oil maker has actively threatened that my car will blow like the others. I am OK with them.

Well, I suppose oil companies are among the most trustworthy and ethical entities on the planet, so you're probably right to put your trust in them, rather than any nasty car manufacturers - especially if they're not telling you things you don't want to hear...

Sponsored Links
Back