What would you recommend?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Single man living in a 2 up 2 down by himself. Shower is electric, bath rarely used. Bathroom is upstairs. Can boil kettle for washing up.

House currently has boiler and cylinder. Boiler is in master bedroom, doesnt seem the best place for it.

Cylinder is in back bedroom taking up space. I dont really want to be heating a cylinder of hot water just for my morning shave and the washing up!

I am thinking a combi would better suit my hot water needs, and be cheaper to run. Could such a boiler be mounted in the loft with ladder access? There are two gable walls. IIRC, all the pipework from the current boiler goes UP to the loft.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a combi would suit you. No reason why it cannot be installed in the loft.

Gas supply would need to be run up to the loft, and there are a number of requirements when having a boiler in the loft - lighting, boarding etc for safe access.

Look for a local installer, hopefully recommended by others to quote/advise.

Hope this helps

just had a similar situation with one of my customers. Electric shower, minimal hot water requirements. Broke my heart to remove a potty profile from the wall but needs must! A 24kw combi took its place.

If you are not having radiators and only want hot water a Main Multipoint will do.

You are bound to want CH though in the future so I would be looking at a combi too. A good quality one like Valliant or Worcester B.

Sponsored Links
If you are not having radiators and only want hot water a Main Multipoint will do.

You are bound to want CH though in the future so I would be looking at a combi too. A good quality one like Valliant or Worcester B.
Apologies if it wasnt obvious, that the house has radiators!! :LOL:

I think the current boiler is quite old anyway, because the flue (which is over a public pavement) is one of those old square ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back