Whats the best Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

We're looking at a new kitchen this year and was wondering if you had any advice about which is the best one to go for

Wickes is looking favourite at the moment (or maybe Magnet but they seem v pricey)

Also, any experience of Wickes kitchen fitters ?

Many thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
As with most things, you get what you pay for as far a the product goes, but if you are in no hurry there are some genuine bargains to be had.

With suppliers own fitters, you have no idea of their ability or workmanship until the job is in progress of finished.

Depends what you mean by best
Quality, price, service, value for money etc.
TBH
I have always found B&Q kitchens VFM, their kitchen fitting is expensive though, but I fit my own anyway.
What I will tell you is to avoid buying Kitchens from
rock solid kitchens, kitchen dreams direct, kitchens direct and Maple Kitchens, all of the Oldham area. They are all one of the same and extremely dodgy.
I have first hand experience of them.

Sponsored Links
Maple Kitchens,

Owned by the 'kitchen Gangster' Vance Miller. An arrogant crook, who became wealthy by selling sh**e.
Yep he got locked up for fraud I believe.
Still involved with all the above named companies, had problems with them in the past, but eventually got it sorted out.
The shameful thing is, not is he still allowed to trade, when customers eventually get him/the companies to county court and found against.
He don't pay up anyway!

The Wickes kitchens are very good quality on a pond for pound basis (not the flat pack off the shelf ones, the posh showroom ones) they have a solid 18mm back panel which adds no end of extra rigidity and strength to the carcass.

I was looking at the Magnet ones recently, a few of them seem very nice. Rather expensive, though they do a Trade range which overlaps the retail range. I don't know how you get trade prices though.

Suggest that whoever is gonna fit it for you take you round to your local Howdens centre ('Trade' only, see?)

Full range and appliances too. Might be wirth a try?

DH

I went to Howdens, and said my kitchen fitter has advised me to go and look at their kitchens to choose one. They didn't seem to mind and gave me free coffee and chocolates.

How do they recognise a trade customer? Do I have to wear those special trousers?

I went to Howdens, and said my kitchen fitter has advised me to go and look at their kitchens to choose one. They didn't seem to mind and gave me free coffee and chocolates.

How do they recognise a trade customer? Do I have to wear those special trousers?

Be rude, swear, have a pencil hehind your ear and scratch your butt. The odd burp wont hurt either.

MS Kitchens, Manchester. Top range are veneered blockboard, streets ahead of the usual chipboard.

Hi

I have got kitchen designs from Benchmarx and Howdens.

I understand I can get up to around 75% discount at Howdens.

Will I get a similar discount at Benchmarx?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back