Cheapest places for bathroom suites and kitchens?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have just bought a house and need to replace the bathroom suite and kitchen. I have looked in various places for both the bathroom suite and the kitchen. We don't have a massive budget so we are looking at the lower end of the market.

Can anyone help with any information on some cheap places for me to look? The cheapest i have found at the moment is approx £450 for a new bathroom suite (bath, sink, toilet) from ebay.

And about £5k !! for a kitchen (the cheapest one they do) from magnet.

If anyone has any good ideas id love to hear them!!

Cheers guys, Ash.

Sponsored Links
I've been told by my brother in law (who's a tradesman) that Ikea kitchens are very good quality, and very cheap. I'd definitely try there if you have an Ikea within a reasonable distance. B&Q claim to be the nations biggest kitchen retailer and are again cheap.
If you can fit it yourself then you'll save a lot of money. Installation can be as much again as the kitchen at some places. Is your kitchen nice and square and flat? That will make fitting much easier.
Also wait until January. I think most kitchen retailers will be having sales then.

The cheapest i have found at the moment is approx £450 for a new bathroom suite (bath, sink, toilet) from ebay.
Ridiculously overpriced. Try this: http://www.screwfix.com/p/grove-modern-bathroom-suite-with-steel-bath/40791

And about £5k !! for a kitchen (the cheapest one they do) from magnet.
Is that magnet the overpriced high street shop, or magnet the trade outlet?
Both are the same company with the same products. The prices are not the same.

If anyone has any good ideas id love to hear them!!
Don't buy an Ikea kitchen. They have no service void behind the units meaning all of your pipes & cables have to be routed elsewhere or recessed in the wall, increasing the time and cost of installation substantially.

Sponsored Links
i have a friend who is a fitter and does work for all the large suppliers, he would say Magnet or Home base are the better (of the budget kitchens) and in that order.

I would say Magnet are better personally, they seem to stand the test for longer from my little experience.

Back