What's the best paint for exterior wastepipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best sort of black paint to use to cover exterior plastic waste pipe? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
I may be wrong but I think painted waste pipes will look naff. :(

If possible, replace them as they do not cost very much and is quite straightforward. :D

The neighbour has already purchased the wastepipes (white) and elbows (grey) :oops: . The other wastepipe serving the same flat is also painted black. Yes, it does look naff but at least in this case there is consistency in the naffness. ;)

Sponsored Links
Dulux Weathershield is a nice shiny , flexible, black. DOn't use undercoat.
If you want black pipes which don't go "off" like Polypipe, use Terrain. I daresay some others are OK too.

Rub the pipe down with sandpaper first to give the paint something to key into. After that more or less any exterior gloss you care to mention will be fine. Its a good way of protecting the pipe from UV light which gets to them all sooner or later

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back