Whats the best technique to drive through a flooded road?

This is what awaits you some months or years from now. Water doesn't only come from flooding. Condensation produces a lot of h2o.

Yeah... whatever... I'll look forward to it... :rolleyes:

Remember, I'm about 450 feet above sea level...

Sponsored Links
Do you know why Himalayas is a very large source of water? It's high up. The higher up you are, the more effective the condensation.

I'll be pretty impressed if it's salty though...:rolleyes:

But I'd certainly value your expert prediction as to when this disaster is likely to befall me. Car's just coming up to a year old and 20,000 miles, so let me know if it's likely to be in the next week or two, as I've got a few long trips planned... ;)

I'll be pretty impressed if it's salty though...:rolleyes:
Salt doesn't ignite lithium. Water does. You can't expect TV entertainers to know what's what. I suggest a pinch of salt if you base your life on what the TV says.

Sponsored Links
We had a P100 diesel come in once that had driven through flood water at speed. Water went into the intake, a cylinder filled with water and it came to a sudden stop. It had actually bent a con-rod!

Salt doesn't ignite lithium. Water does. You can't expect TV entertainers to know what's what. I suggest a pinch of salt if you base your life on what the TV says.

I see you haven't answered my question...

We had a P100 diesel come in once that had driven through flood water at speed. Water went into the intake, a cylinder filled with water and it came to a sudden stop. It had actually bent a con-rod!

Back in 2009, when we had the bad floods around Cockermouth, Mrs. Avocet had suffered a minor bump at a roundabout. We thought nothing of it, but then she ended up driving through a flood, and the engine stopped...

She called me to say she thought it was the battery because when she tried to start it, there was just a clunk and the lights went dim...

It was, of course, something far, far worse... :rolleyes:

Or, get a Tesla...

If you flood damage the battery back don't expect Tesla to honour the warranty :oops:
When watching the Y-tubes of these tossers treating their (or someone else's) cars as speedboats I often wonder the outcome of those that either die in the ford or stop after the out ramp with clouds of steam emitting from the tailpipe.

I assume we are talking hydraulic induced bent rod(s) etc. especially with a diesel ?

If you flood damage the battery back don't expect Tesla to honour the warranty :oops:
When watching the Y-tubes of these tossers treating their (or someone else's) cars as speedboats I often wonder the outcome of those that either die in the ford or stop after the out ramp with clouds of steam emitting from the tailpipe.

I assume we are talking hydraulic induced bent rod(s) etc. especially with a diesel ?
Yes, pretty much. White smoke like that from a diesel tends to mean something serious - at best a head gasket. They have such a high compression ratio, that they rarely survive water entering a cylinder. Sometimes, older low-compression petrol engines will get away with it, but I've never seen a diesel survive it.

Ive been watching these rufford ford vids on youtube.. the car ones are funny, but this motorcyclist at the end - OMG. Hope he wasnt too badly injured but WTF

I think I would've just pushed or rode it up the bridge where people were watching

Ive been watching these rufford ford vids on youtube.. the car ones are funny, but this motorcyclist at the end - OMG. Hope he wasnt too badly injured but WTF
it was these sort of antics that got the road closed off - because it was so popular with YT, more people came to show off, which led to more YouTubers - a vicious circle!
However, you can't stop a farmer with a few concrete blocks!...

Sponsored Links
Back