Whats the best technique to drive through a flooded road?

it was these sort of antics that got the road closed off - because it was so popular with YT, more people came to show off, which led to more YouTubers - a vicious circle!
However, you can't stop a farmer with a few concrete blocks!...

Crikey! That farmer one was the deepest I've ever seen that Ford! I wonder where the big concrete blocks came from?!

Sponsored Links
I wonder where the big concrete blocks came from?!
Screenshot_20231026-182908_YouTube.jpg

:D

Google some more, you might learn something.
Nothing to do with Google. I live at 4 500', so weather forecasts and discussions about snow/rain, storms, temperature inversions etc are detailed at length in local media. So why don't you stop wafting out vague toss that seems to indicate you are totally witless, and say what you believe is inaccurate or wrong ?

Nothing to do with Google. I live at 4 500', so weather forecasts and discussions about snow/rain, storms, temperature inversions etc are detailed at length in local media. So why don't you stop wafting out vague toss that seems to indicate you are totally witless, and say what you believe is inaccurate or wrong ?
Learn to read english then. What did I say in my statement about condensation?

Sponsored Links
Whats the best technique to drive through a flooded road
Turn around and find an alternative route if:

A) you can’t tell how deep it is
B) if it’s deeper than 6”

water can get into seals, gaiters, bearings, electrical boxes….and if you hydrolock the engine you won’t be insured

This was my brother-in-law in Wales in a Freelander 1 some years ago:

And this was the inside of the transfer box (or IRD as Landrovers call them), when I rebuilt it about 5 years ago...
I would’ve been sh1t scared driving through that - driving into a flooded road when you can’t see the other side is taking a serious leap of faith

The opposite would be true. Warmer air can hold a greater percentage of water vapour and , generally, air temperature decreases with altitude.
People often get chapped, dry lips when out during cold weather….because cold air contains very very little moisture.

I would’ve been sh1t scared driving through that - driving into a flooded road when you can’t see the other side is taking a serious leap of faith

Indeed! 2013 that was. They hadn't had the car for long. Neither of them are particularly technical and they just thought "well... it's a Landrover, isn't it"?! Believe it or not, the car (a 2001 example) is alive and well today, and being used by my parents!

Learn to read english then. What did I say in my statement about condensation?
Someone who writes such a meaningless sentence as "The higher up you are, the more effective the condensation." really should keep their trap shut when English comprehension is the subject under debate.

Condensation is something determined by air-pressure, relative humidity and temperature ( or temperature differences ).

P.S. Learn to write English then.

Last edited:
Someone who writes such a meaningless sentence as "The higher up you are, the more effective the condensation." really should keep their trap shut when English comprehension is the subject under debate.

Condensation is something determined by air-pressure, relative humidity and temperature.

P.S. Learn to write English.
I can see google gave you some formulas, but you still haven't the foggiest. Have you wondered where fog came from, where clouds came from, and why you see cloud more often than fog?

Living up a mountain where temps will vary from - 10C to +28 C and rebuilding an old barn/stable, I spent a lot of time learning about insulation, and just about the most important thing to learn, is about condensation, what causes it and how to deal with it because condensation/moisture destroys the insulation value (R) of absorbent materials like Rockwool, so you will have wasted your money and then freeze if you don't build in a way that obviates condensation.

Other people have said it before and I will add my voice to theirs. You are an absolute moron.

As for your childish, stupid questions ( below ), the answers are given in my post #40

I can see google gave you some formulas, but you still haven't the foggiest. Have you wondered where fog came from, where clouds came from, and why you see cloud more often than fog?

P.S. Keep working on trying to improve your English . This " gave you some formulas, " should be formulae

Last edited:
condensation/moisture destroys the insulation value (R) of absorbent materials like Rockwool
Does mineral wool absorb moisture?

It's hydrophobic, so it won't absorb water or encourage the growth of mold and mildew. Mineral wool is also very fire resistant and can act as a fire stop. However, like many building materials, mineral wool also has its drawbacks. It tends to be more expensive than fiberglass, often between 25-50% higher in cost .25 Sept 2019

Does mineral wool drain water?

Mineral Wool Insulation Isn't Like Fiberglass ...
Mineral wool, on the other hand, will not become wet. In fact, water beads up and rolls off the surface of mineral wool. This promotes water draining and drying if the wall cavity becomes wet, rather than holding water like a sponge.8 Apr 2014

I often wonder the outcome of those that either die in the ford or stop after the out ramp with clouds of steam emitting from the tailpipe.
I make a lot of money by parking my tractor just up the road.

Sponsored Links
Back