whats the best way to drill through a tile?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wondered if anyone knew the best way to drill through, standard white ceramic tiles, so i can put a shower head up.
As ive heard so many different method's and i really don't want to brake the tiles.

Many Thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
use masking tape on the face of the tile - this stops your drill slipping, then use a cordless drill (for the slow speed) without hammer turned on. USe a standard masonry bit.

hold the drill in the spot you want the hole, bang the back of the drill to make a small indentation - this again helps to stop the bit slipping, then just drill as normal without hammer until you get through the tile, at which point you can turn hammer action back on.

Yes drilling tiles can be fun use a proper tile drill like the man said piece of tape on till your drill is cutting nice steady speed bit of water when you pierce the back of the tile stop and put in a masonry drill bobs your uncle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back