Whats the purpose of back panel in kitchen unit?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Of course, even though they are not stored under the kitchen sink.

From under a sink, I would expect to disinfect them.
You need to call a good plumber if your drains are flooding your kitchen cabinets.
Mine are dry and sealed; I always thought that is the way they should be...

You need to call a good plumber if your drains are flooding your kitchen cabinets.
Mine are dry and sealed; I always thought that is the way they should be...

My drains are not flooding anything - just the thought of pans or anything I would cook or eat from in close proximity to drains fill me with disgust.

My drains are not flooding anything - just the thought of pans or anything I would cook or eat from in close proximity to drains fill me with disgust.
WTF!?!?
Has this madness started with the coronacircus or was there before?
You know a drain pipe is made of plastic, a non organic material, which if sealed won't have anything outside that it's flushing inside?
And btw, what the heck do you put down your sink drain???

Covid has nothing to do with it. A while back, when I was still fitting kitchens, I used to do the odd rip out. You'd probably be surprised at how many sink base units had signs of leakage from either the water, or more often the trap or pipework under the sinks. Put me off using push fit fittings forever. But it certainly also discouraged me from storing anything food- or cooking-related beneath a sink ever again

WTF!?!?
Has this madness started with the coronacircus or was there before?
You know a drain pipe is made of plastic, a non organic material, which if sealed won't have anything outside that it's flushing inside?
And btw, what the heck do you put down your sink drain???

Well feel free to store your clean cooking utensils under your waste pipes. Waste pipes can and do get blocked up, waste pipes can and do leak. Waste pipes can becomes really filthy on the outside - cold water run through them causes moisture to condense on them, then you may see the occasional drip, carrying the dirt from the pipe, onto your cooking utensils below.

Here we are simply not that desperate for storage space. Here we have four cupboards dedicated to cooking utensils, none of them undersink. Imagine going for a take-away, where the proprietor kept his cooking utensils under the sink.

Well feel free to store your clean cooking utensils under your waste pipes. Waste pipes can and do get blocked up, waste pipes can and do leak. Waste pipes can becomes really filthy on the outside - cold water run through them causes moisture to condense on them, then you may see the occasional drip, carrying the dirt from the pipe, onto your cooking utensils below.

Here we are simply not that desperate for storage space. Here we have four cupboards dedicated to cooking utensils, none of them undersink. Imagine going for a take-away, where the proprietor kept his cooking utensils under the sink.
I too keep only cleaning products under the sink, that in the picture is not my kitchen.
However, my pipes don't leak and don't drip.
They've been there for 15 years and never released one single drop and never condensate.
I thought that was the point of having plastic: not affected by the range of temperature we use domestically.
If they suffered from condensation, imagine all the pipes hidden under floorboards and into the walls.
There'd be damp everywhere.

However, my pipes don't leak and don't drip.
They've been there for 15 years and never released one single drop and never condensate.
I thought that was the point of having plastic: not affected by the range of temperature we use domestically.
If they suffered from condensation, imagine all the pipes hidden under floorboards and into the walls.
There'd be damp everywhere.

You are now making things up. Any cold pipes in an exposed position and especially so in a kitchen, will suffer condensation. Under floorboards and in walls, they are not exposed.

My incoming mains cold supply comes in behind my kitchen sink, which is where my stop tap and meter is located - that cold pipe collects a tremendous amount of condensation.

Most of them do, have you ever being called to a Chinese take away?
No, but I've done enough refits on "Indian" restaurants to know how disgusting the food prep areas are when we start the job. So much so that I've made it a rule that I won't eat in any of them unless I did the fit-out and have seen how they run after they open (nice thing about the shake-down period just before they open and when the final snagging is being done is that you often get fed for free :) - but you also get to see how clean the chefs are)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back