What's the smallest shower room you can have?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't sure subforum to post this question in...

We have a small room that measures 90cm x 187cm.
We've had the plumbing done so that we can have a toilet and sink put in - but never actually had these fitted and have been using as a very badly organised storage room.

I was wondering... would it be possible to add a shower in there??
We actually already also have a vent leading out at the top fitted as well.

So, guessing it all depends on the smallest shower you can get?
Or maybe make a wetroom?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well, they do a 800x800 shower cubicle so you’ll have plenty of room for a wet room. Might even be able to squeeze a WC in there too! At the end of the day, if you can get yourself in there and a shower, it’s a wet room. (y)

Well, they do a 800x800 shower cubicle so you’ll have plenty of room for a wet room. Might even be able to squeeze a WC in there too! At the end of the day, if you can get yourself in there and a shower, it’s a wet room. (y)
In yachts...some of the Wet rooms are v small...just enough room to sit on the loo with a retractable shower hose.

Designed well and using the right design and size you can make alot out of a small room.
I have a wet room 1100mm x 1450mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I have stayed in some 'bijoux' gaffes (seaside hotels etc) and most of them have compact washing facilities.

Ventilation and drainage are usually the biggest headaches.

20210213_104234.jpg

Pocket door. Swinging doors take up so much room

Attachments

• 20210213_100836.jpg
    20210213_100836.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 61
You could use a squatting toilet in a wet room floor with a rain shower fitted above it.
upload_2021-2-13_10-43-39.png

Not the most comfortable shower experience

No hand held shower hose permitted

we had a 750x750 tray and i extended the wall when redoing the area - so a 800x800 would fit
But the room was 2m x 750 and we have a toilet and sink in as well as the shower tray

But you can get 700x700 trays

if you have 90cm x 187cm.
you can get 90x70 trays
that would leave 1.1m for toilet and small sink

20210213_100746.jpg

Floating compact toilet pan 480mm depth

Hidden toilet cistern ,(frame) that sits withing the wall cavity

20210213_100736.jpg
20210213_100817.jpg

Folding shower screen opens room up when folded in. At the time I could only find 1 folding shower screen. That was really expensive. So I had this screen made for me.

Shower space 900mm x 680mm

10 kw Electric shower control sits flush on the wall instead of bulky shower valve taking up room.

Wasn't sure subforum to post this question in...

We have a small room that measures 90cm x 187cm.
We've had the plumbing done so that we can have a toilet and sink put in - but never actually had these fitted and have been using as a very badly organised storage room.

I was wondering... would it be possible to add a shower in there??
We actually already also have a vent leading out at the top fitted as well.

So, guessing it all depends on the smallest shower you can get?
Or maybe make a wetroom?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Where the door is located will have the biggest bearing on what you can fit in there

Based on student hall wetrooms, keeping the bog roll outside or in a polly bag helps.
Otherwise one decent shower results in a soggy mess

Sponsored Links
Back