What's this hole/vent for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

Had a leak under the bath, turns out its water spouting from a little outlet on the waste pipe. There's a rubber bung that had popped out, though it seats very loosely so no seal.

I'm sure it's simple, but what's this hole for? Can't see it on any other pipe images online, and not sure why it's now letting water out after after several years of normal function. Image upside down, sorry.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I like the way the bung defies gravity.

Where does the grey pipe come from, bath overflow?

Wrap some PTFE tape around the bung to give a tighter fit and replace.

Yes, not sure why it's upside down! Grey pipe is bath overflow. What's this outlet for?

never seen one like this so no idear sorry, i'd just glue it back in

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it will glue :confused: wrap with ptfe and secure with a wide cable tie round pipe and over the bung

If it wasn't on a bath overflow I would have suggested test point but - pardon the pun - no point.

Its a pressure test point for when you frat in the bath ;)

Its a test nipple for when you fartin the bath ;)

I reckon somebody has converted it from a pop up waste to probably plug and chain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back