Whats This

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been given a box of these, what are they ? 100m long, M8, cage is 22.1mm OD

xWT-3530.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like some sort of tensioner for a cover plate, maybe on some sort of steel vessel?

I thought washing machine transport shock absorber.
The design wouldn't do as a permanent suspension.

The sort of thing which accumulates in kitchen drawers

Sponsored Links
That's exactly what I reckon, some sort of removable transport bolt. Only thing is, why would there be a box of them? Nobody would sell such an item in boxes - unless to a machine manufacturer.

That's exactly what I reckon, some sort of removable transport bolt. Only thing is, why would there be a box of them? Nobody would sell such an item in boxes - unless to a machine manufacturer.
Tight git hoarders like me would collect them as they're too good to throw away....?

Nothing to do with being a tight git, more to do with being resourceful I say to my wife. ;)

they were just in any old box, and there would be a dozen or more, in the same draw there was lots of concrete bolts and anchors etc, (it was a garage clearance!) May be the bloke worked delivering washing machines or repaired them ?

But yes I think you're right, washing machine transport things !

Sponsored Links
Back