What's wrong with living in France?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
The Mayor of Calais, Natacha Bouchart has been called upon to tackle the worsening situation, but she has blamed Britain for the crisis in northern France.

Specifically, she has cited Britain's 'black market economy' and 'cushy benefits system' as being a major pull for the migrants.

Well, she has that right.....

From the report: "The refugees, who are desperate to cross the channel into the UK for better work opportunities and safety as they escape their own countries"

Didn't they miss something out? Something about hand-outs and free housing?

And where are the police with machine guns?
Ah, yes, our do-gooders wouldn't stand for that.

If the UK government was serious about dealing with the issue then they'd demolish all the 'sheds with beds'. These people have to live somewhere and work somewhere. Raid the restaurants and hotels where they work for a pittance. The reality is that the government doesn't want to crack down. All major cities all over the world have an underclass that works for peanuts. Take that class away and prices will rise. Tourists won't come and London suffers.
That's the reason they are allowed to come and live unhindered.

Sponsored Links
Shame about our hospital and school waiting lists, though.

You talk as though there's some sort of conspiracy on the part of the Government to let these people in.
The bald truth is that our Government is too spineless to clamp down and say enough is enough.

You talk as though there's some sort of conspiracy on the part of the Government to let these people in.
The bald truth is that our Government is too spineless to clamp down and say enough is enough.

It suits them. If they were serious they would demolish all the sheds with beds - but they don't.

I believe you're right. Wimpy Dave talks the talk but, when the chips are down, will not act.

Remember, his mates (and no doubt his financiers) benefit from cheap labour.

Maggie wouldn't have stood for all this.

If the UK government was serious about dealing with the issue then they'd demolish all the 'sheds with beds'.

Believe me, the councils are doing their level best. I have seen various programmes now where councils across the country are tackling this issue by taking aerial photos with thermal imaging cams. Then following up on the ground. But there is only so much that they can do with their restricted budget and manpower.

as i said in the other thread very few get through as they are detected and ejected in france
many spend years trying without sucscess
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/migrant-madness-at-calais.436733/#post-3405308

Where did all those that live in 'Beds in sheds' come from then?

Where did all those that live in 'Beds in sheds' come from then?
I'd bet a good wedge that the idea is home grown and was borne out of necessity and expensive house prices, rather than an answer to immigrant housing.

There's no doubt about it in my mind. If the handouts and free housing dried up, not only would these people do all they can to get out of the country, but other would-be immigrants would come to the conclusion that it isn't worth coming here.
A simple answer but, unfortunately, we are not our own boss any more: the European Empire wouldn't allow it.

Sponsored Links
Back