What's your favourite brew and do you take sugar?

Yorkshire Tea have a blend specific for hard water.

Before we get cracking, here’s some background about Yorkshire Tea and hard water to bear in mind. When deciding which teas our buyers will select to put in the Yorkshire Tea blend, they taste every single one in both soft and hard water. This enables them to create not only Yorkshire Tea, but also Yorkshire Tea for Hard Water, a blend that’s perfectly suited to… you guessed it.

https://www.yorkshiretea.co.uk/brew-news/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-hard-water

Sponsored Links
Yorkshire Tea have a blend specific for hard water. Before we get cracking, here’s some background about Yorkshire Tea and hard water to bear in mind. When deciding which teas our buyers will select to put in the Yorkshire Tea blend, they taste every single one in both soft and hard water. This enables them to create not only Yorkshire Tea, but also Yorkshire Tea for Hard Water, a blend that’s perfectly suited to… you guessed it. https://www.yorkshiretea.co.uk/brew-news/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-hard-water
I got mugged last night by a bottle of Volvic that's how hard the water is around these parts :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I'm trying a jug of filtered water to see what the difference is and there's a big difference I'm noticing

Update: Because of our conversation about Tea and Coffee it served to remind me how disgusting my tap water is and so today I'm trying a family members jug of filtered water. They've got some fancy water filtering system in the house so it's still tap water but it's "highly filtered tap water" there system cost £500 or something like that so it's proper fancy and probably not made in China probably Germany or Cornwall

I've brewed two x cups of tea Yorkshire and two x instant coffee from aldi which isn't as bad as you might think

I buy cheap Ashbeck water from Tesco for my coffee machine

we used to use a filter jug for tea, but cant be bothered now -just use formic acid in the kettle every so often, works a treat

I buy cheap Ashbeck water from Tesco for my coffee machine we used to use a filter jug for tea, but cant be bothered now -just use formic acid in the kettle every so often, works a treat
Ashbeck is cheap but it's pure spring water though and the difference between a cuppa tea with Spring water and tap water is vast

Ashbeck is cheap but it's pure spring water though and the difference between a cuppa tea with Spring water and tap water is vast. I did it for a while because someone I know always uses spring water and convinced me to try but I can't be bothered lugging it all the way home so I got out of the habit so I'm thinking maybe filtered is the next best thing. I bet you notice the difference between Ashbeck and tap though can't you?

yes indeed ashbeck is good -on the coffee forum, they wouldnt dream of using tap water -more for risk of limescale than taste.

if you are in a hard water area there will be a scum on top of the tea -even where we are in a moderate area we get that a bit

using ashbeck, the tea is much clearer.

we get ours delivered from tescos so no need for lugging it!

yes indeed ashbeck is good -on the coffee forum, they wouldnt dream of using tap water -more for risk of limescale than taste. if you are in a hard water area there will be a scum on top of the tea -even where we are in a moderate area we get that a bit using ashbeck, the tea is much clearer. we get ours delivered from tescos so no need for lugging it!
The water is very hard here in East Anglia

Sponsored Links
Back