What's your favourite brew and do you take sugar?

Sponsored Links
It is the process to remove caffeine that makes me avoid decaf coffee and tea

Quote from LINK

There are several ways to decaffeinate coffee but the most prevalent is to soak them in a solvent – usually methylene chloride or ethyl acetate. Methylene chloride can be used as a paint stripper and a degreaser as well an agent to remove caffeine.

In the same way that alco-pops were drunk by those who didn't like the taste of alcoholic drinks, I am of the opinion that adding sugar to tea is for those who don't like the flavour of tea.

Sponsored Links
In the same way that alco-pops were drunk by those who didn't like the taste of alcoholic drinks, I am of the opinion that adding sugar to tea is for those who don't like the flavour of tea.

Not really, because I like the taste of tea so much I have it strong. But the strength of flavour gives added bitterness. Only a third of a spoon for me, takes the edge off the bitterness without being so sweet it masks the flavour. Would poss agree with you for someone who has 5 spoons, but each to their own.

Not really, because I like the taste of tea so much I have it strong. But the strength of flavour gives added bitterness. Only a third of a spoon for me, takes the edge off the bitterness without being so sweet it masks the flavour. Would poss agree with you for someone who has 5 spoons, but each to their own.

For years, I had half-a-spoon in tea, but then thought how pointless it was.
Went to none and, within a couple of days, the tea tasted sweet enough without.
Now, I have to pour tea away if someone has stirred it with a spoon that has stirred a sugar'd tea.
And don't even start me on a spoon that's stirred a coffee :sick:

(And, I drink between ten and fifteen cuppas a day, so my insides probably look like an old teapot's!)

A lot depends on the water type and quality as well.
Staffs water has a scummy film on it, when you brew up.
When I was in Yorkshire, the watter was spot-on for brews(y)

What about bottled spring water to make tea and coffee with?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot depends on the water type and quality as well. Staffs water has a scummy film on it, when you brew up.
When I was in Yorkshire, the watter was spot-on for brews(y)
Sometimes the tap water tastes horrible

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back