WHEELIE BIN DANGER

Sponsored Links
same here. Guess he didn't read the leaflet.

Thank you all for the for the great and intelligent suggestions. I did, as suggested, contact the local council and their response was that the bins could be exchanged for boxes (for recycling) and black plastic bins for rubbish. They did seem to be in denial, however, that the slope, steps wheelie bin combination was inherently hazardous! Hmm! I did in fact search and come across the other thread on this matter in this forum but seemed unable to post to it because it was too old, so I started this new thread. Question is: are wheelie bins on steps potentially hazardous or am I just a clumsy old fool having a gripe. Answer is ??? At least there is now a bit more online about the subject thanks to the excellent contributions here.

Sponsored Links
You can ask for the bin men to move the bin for you, you have to contact the council and prove you can't do it yourself, they then instruct the bin men, or women, to retrieve and return your bin.

I think it's mad how many houses are built like this. I understand that not all building land is usefully flat, but the least the builders could have done was to construct a slope adjacent to the steps. Then the bins could be lowered down and pulled back by means of a rope.

We have some bungalows near us that have crazy steps going up to them. Er, hello?????

Who would inhabit a bungalow and why?

So why put steps outside up to the building when there aren't any inside???

Things have changed access and bin storage is now a requirement for building regulations and planning etc

I'm with Bodge on this one. It's all down to common sense. You can drown in a bowl of custard if you put your face in it. Everything has hazard potential. Wheelie bins are the best domestic waste receptacles as far as I'm concerned. As a kid in the 70s my mother was forever sending me outside to clear up the mess after the neighbours dog had been in the garden, tipped over the old type metal dustbin, and rummaged through the waste for food. Then the council introduced bin bags. Cats slashed their way through the plastic to get at food waste as noted by another poster.

Cheers seafarer.... thought I was the odd one out here... everybody giving advice about this and that when it could have been avoided in the first place....... Risk assessment old boy

We have a lot of terrace houses in my area where they are up a flight of steps, they all seem to just leave their wheelie bin on the narrow pavement at the bottom, take bags and throw them into them where they are.

How about a block & tackle? ramp? modified mobility scooter with bin towbar? lol

Sponsored Links
Back