When cheque system ends ?

Paypal =
rather expensive for the "seller"
by some regarded as not very safe

I would not trust paypal for work payments. Ok for teh odd £20 on Ebay, but the payer can claim the money back well after the job is dead and buried over teh most frivolous excuse. how do you confirm to Paypal that you delivered and the job is up to scratch ?

Sponsored Links
Agree totally with you. Every payment method is suitable for one or two different services etc. Paypal absolutely not for contract/labour work.

I'm a sole trader poor painter & decci :( Don't see quite what alternative I will have to being paid by cheque. I suspect I will be of a too low turnover to afford a machine for debit / credit cards. What are your plans??

Tho if it dont happen till 2018 i should be retired then.. ;)

Well its not until 2018 so you've got plenty of time. Even though chequebooks will be finished, a draft will still be able to be obtained by their bank, which will probably be phased out 3 years after. May mean you may have to wait an extra day for your cheque.

:)

Sponsored Links
and what are you going to do when cash dissappears too -- I think it will all be electronic soon, even down to transactions of a few pence

yep, the bankers would love that - 3% of every transaction made in the economy..............

Back