Seek Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would not take this lying down. In fact i would go to your local Trading Standards dept or the CAB and try to find out if the Trading Standards have any other customers who felt they were ripped off by these contractors.
Surely if they have stated to you what the problem was and have charged you for the work but still you have the same problem i am sure you have a good case to answer for.As despite them replacing parts they failed to adequately test the system before charging you. In that respect you should not have had the same problem it should have been sorted out. Their work should be guaranteed and have some warranty attached. This is a good reason why i never use small contractors. Just as a matter of course depending how you paid you may have a simple way of getting your money back. I know most people do not pay by debit card or Credit card but if you did pay by credit card contact your card company. If you paid by cash or cheque i take it you have a full receipt and statement of the work they carried out. Use this as the foundation to your complaint. Reprt the company to the Trading Standards. It might also be worthwhile contacting them and asking for a full refund. Fail that or if they refuse take it to the Trading Standards.Some contractors usually pay up straight away if they are threatened with the Trading Standards as there could be other dodgy dealings which they would prefer to keep quiet about.
I know it might seem a bit expensive to go to British Gas but at least you have some readdress and at least know that you are not going to get ripped off. Its obvious that their call out fee was low but hit you instead with an overpriced job. I hope you get your problem sorted out, but also take sometime to get their work checked out and see if you can claim any of the payment you paid back.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back